Listing Files (ls) or List Directory Contents
If you want to see the list of files on your UNIX or LINUX system, use the ‘ls’ command it show the files/directories in your current directory
- Directories are denoted in blue color.
- Files are denoted in white.
- You will find similar color schemes in different flavours of linux.
- ls –A > Almost all
- ls -lb > to see Block Size
- ls -l > to see details of each file.
- ls -ld > for directory permission check
- ls -lh > to check file in human readable format
- ls -li > to check sequence number of a file or folder
- ls -lr > to check reverse order of a list
- ls -lR > list subdirectory recursively
- ls -al > to see hidden file
- ls –help > to get help menu of ’ls’ command or many options try according to you.